Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Daily Challenge!!

Here is a glimpse of the fun I had this afternoon!

I spend 60 to 70 hours a week scheduling production for the plant that I work at. Today (at 4:45 PM, no less) I was told that the schedule that I wrote for next week was being revised; we have to send half of our production to one of our competitors because they screwed up their plant. Apparently, it is my job to make up for the diminished capacity of our competitors. We wouldn't want them to miss any of their orders now, would we? All of my scheduling work was for nothing, since someone (who outranks me) apparently has a buddy at our competitors' place. Now I get to re-write the schedule to fit their needs. What a load.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sara said...

Damn the man.

fish said...

Indeed...

scottie said...

Careful.....people at work might read your blog.

At the peak of Scottie's Rant, I had hundreds of lurkers that never commented, but read religiously.

Scottie