Monday, September 19, 2005

It's about time...

After a brief hiatus from blogging, I thought that I should get back to it again and put out a new posting. We have begun the update of the house and spent most (okay, we really spent it all) of our money. We put in a ceramic floor in the half bat and hallway, and Karen's Parents helped us out by completing several projects for us. The spare upstairs bath has a new look, the silver paint is gone from the front of the vanity. The room that used to look like an easter egg is now a beautiful and stately off-white color, and closet doors have been installed where they were once missing. I have to figure out how to post pictures on the blog so I can show you the progress that we have been making. There will be a short break in the remodeling action while we wait to see if we can pay the bills this month. :) I like that game, there is never a dull moment.

On a side note, my new job is amazingly difficult. I bet that there are CEOs that have easier days than I do. My job is much, much more of a challenge than I ever expected. Oh well, I will eventually get to the point where I can do it well and do it quickly, in about three years. To be honest, nothing ever slows me down, and I almost never stress about anything. Scottie can definitely attest to this, he saw me in action in school. This job has really got me stressing hard. I didn't sleep from last Wednesday until Saturday night because I was so freaked out and worried about sinking the company like a lead balloon. That is very out of charater for me, to say the least. It has got to get easier, or I will go nutso, pronto. One thing that made me feel much better about the job was that I talked to the guy who retired from the job, and he gave me some pointers and some hints on how to make it a little more bearable. He also told me that we will occasionally have orders that we can't meet, and we will occasioanlly make the customers mad. It actually made me feel much better to hear that after many years of doing the job that he still had challenges. That was the major reason that I was able to sleep on Saturday night, since I was finally able to stress out a little less after talking to the vetran scheduler. I am confident that things will eventually get easier, but it is hard as hell right now and I am really struggling.

Karen and James are doing very well so far. They make me happy and proud, all the time. :)

I hope you are all doing well! Have a great week, just in case I don't get back to the blog right away!

Fish

2 comments:

Mrs. Sara said...

Fish,
Your wife is hott. :) And your baby's adorable.

fish said...

Yep, I am a lucky guy. I think I am one of those guys that people say, "How did he do that?" when they see me with my wife. I know she is far prettier than I am. Maybe it is because I can cook really well, I dunno.