Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My knee makes me sad...

We all know I like to run. I am currently injured, and I can't run much at all. I can walk fine, but when I run more than half a mile at a time, my knee hurts so badly that I am lunging for the STOP button on the treadmill to avoid falling over. This is after I took a week off from running to let the healing start. I am really bummed, and I have no energy at all since I can't exercise. I can't even ride the bike trainer until this dumb thing heals up. If it does not get better, I will be going to the doctor very soon. This really sucks, and it is quite literally depressing me. Darn.

3 comments:

scottie said...

Melisa feels your pain...literally. She's had several knee surgeries over the years. It will get better. Take some time to enjoy some TiVo!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Melisa'a knee. That really had to stink. I can't imagine this as a recurring injury. It drives me nuts, and this is only the first time.

I actually went to the doctor, and they really have no idea what is going on in my knee. The X-ray turned out just fine, and my knee joint is very strong and stable. The first option is to give me physical therapy and anti-inflammatories. If this keeps up for more than another week, I will get to have my first MRI. Oh joy.

Dr. Seattle said...

Swim.